Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog can hold his urine and is potty trained but he marks indoors. It is in different locations. I use an enzymatic cleaner.

He resource guards and is bonded to me. I am married and have 2 kids, He likes everyone, but he gets between my husband and I if he tries to kiss me.

Our neighbor has dogs that he can hear and he barks when he goes in the backyard,

It has been going on awhile. We stayed elsewhere for awhile and thankfully he did not do it there.

I have not caught him in the act. We just find a puddle later.

If we keep the trash out he gets into it when we are not at home and I think the marking is when we are out or asleep/

I have just been cleaning it, but I would like him to stop. He came potty trained. He was neutered at 9 months

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think he's peeing or marking?

I am not sure. I thought it was marking. He can hold his urine overnight. And, he very rarely barks inside, but he will if he needs to urinate.

I am closing the blinds at night to see if that will help. He can still look if he wants to but he has to make an effort. I am not sure if he is marking because of the dogs. He does always want to be with me and i don't know if he feels i am a resource and he is guarding me somehow.

Or, maybe i have to take him out later/earlier to urinate.

My husband is really against a crate. I think that would help so he does not cause problems at night. He is over 2 years.

I was going to delete this because i forgot I have posted similar question, but it was too late.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You may have been on to something. I have been closing the blinds at night so he doesn’t worry about anything outside, but I have also been taking him out at night and early in the morning. He urinates when I take him and unless I am missing it, he has not been peeing indoors.

Thank you. My husband thought it was intentional and I started to think so, too, but I guess he cant hold it as long as I thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts