Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Wow she looks like she hasn't had a good night's sleep in a long time!

She's cute though. I think maybe some bully breed and definitely something smaller. It's hard to tell. How old is she?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow she looks like she hasn't had a good night's sleep in a long time!

She's cute though. I think maybe some bully breed and definitely something smaller. It's hard to tell. How old is she?
HaHaha She got cute markings.. If that's what you're referring to.

She is 2 years old approximately.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That does look like the same dog. To me she looks like a Jack Russell mix or something similar.
Ooo you are totally right I've seen some others on the web and they look similar...

And about the shelter this I guess I can forgive the person since there was another Italian greyhound mix listed with blue eyes but looks pretty different.

What's funny when I visited her I kept calling her name and she only came to me once haha no wonder

·
Registered
256 Posts
@CocoaAndTea :

I don't think she looks like a greyhound at all, but that's just me.

Just wanted to say: Animal House Shelter in Huntley is really great. I live like 15 minutes away from them.
Have you visited her yet? If not, just go and talk to the people there. At least in the past they always offered to share everything they and/or the volunteers have experienced with that dog (and whatever they have on file). Maybe you talked to someone new or they really have not had her on the website before (they update it very frequently, adding/removing animals).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@CocoaAndTea :

I don't think she looks like a greyhound at all, but that's just me.

Just wanted to say: Animal House Shelter in Huntley is really great. I live like 15 minutes away from them.
Have you visited her yet? If not, just go and talk to the people there. At least in the past they always offered to share everything they and/or the volunteers have experienced with that dog (and whatever they have on file). Maybe you talked to someone new or they really have not had her on the website before (they update it very frequently, adding/removing animals).
I have visited her, she is wonderful. I hope she will still be there on monday, I visited her last Monday.

I live in Arlington heights it is 50 mins away but worth it.

I understand people make mistakes. I was just a little worried before when she didn't come when I called her by the wrong name XD

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's not surprising that she has a different name. Sometimes when a dog comes in and either has a name or is assigned a name by whoever admits it, it's used until someone else decides a different name is more suitable and when the online profile is set up the name change is official. Other times, a dog is transferred from one shelter to another and the other shelter changes the name when setting up the profile. It really depends on the people who are working at the shelter what name the dog ends up with there. And of course if the new owner doesn't like the name, they can change it! :)

Also not surprising that she doesn't look like the breed they say makes up the majority of the mix. It's very common in shelters to make mistakes on breed, especially when the mix is difficult to pinpoint.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not surprising that she has a different name. Sometimes when a dog comes in and either has a name or is assigned a name by whoever admits it, it's used until someone else decides a different name is more suitable and when the online profile is set up the name change is official. Other times, a dog is transferred from one shelter to another and the other shelter changes the name when setting up the profile. It really depends on the people who are working at the shelter what name the dog ends up with there. And of course if the new owner doesn't like the name, they can change it!

Also not surprising that she doesn't look like the breed they say makes up the majority of the mix. It's very common in shelters to make mistakes on breed, especially when the mix is difficult to pinpoint.
Well there was a similar dog there so they mixed her up... I just found out she was adopted .. Oh well there are many others

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well there was a similar dog there so they mixed her up... I just found out she was adopted .. Oh well there are many others
That's too bad! But yes, you're right, there are many others. Huntley seems to have a lot of puppies/young dogs surrendered all the time, but it seems you really have to commit and take the dog home the same day you meet him/her or someone else will (especially for puppies obviously).

Uh, from Arlington Heights it really is a drive! But then, you're making a commitment for life, so I'm glad that these 50 minutes don't mean much for you :) I'm really due for a visit soon, some dogs that I want to take a look at, since I'm prospecting if a second dog would be something for us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts