Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we've had Emmie, pug/beagle mix, for about three years now. I've kept an eye out for the last year or so for another little one to add to our family. Emmie is sweet, affectionate, but anxious and skittish. The new little guy will be Ernie. He comes home to us on the 11th. I met him yesterday. He is super calm and no worries.

I can't wait!

I have no idea about what breed. He's TINY. 9lbs. Wirey little fella.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
He's cute, and hopefully will be a good companion to Emmie...if he's a calm dog, it might even help her in that regard. I had that happen with a pair of cats, had one that was skittish and terrified of everything and adopted a calm cat and she calmed the skittish one down a lot!

Apparently, the scared one would see the other cat not running and would stop to watch rather than run...and soon she wasn't jumping and running or looking nervous as long as the other cat wasn't. So, hopefully your dogs will go the same route. : )

I have to say I love the name Ernie. I had an 'Ernie' once. : ) My dad adopted him and named him after a NASCAR driver named Ernie Ervin....but sadly, only about 2 weeks later, my dad was diagnosed with cancer and it was a rapid spread kind and he died a month and a half later. I took Ernie into my home about 3 weeks before my dad died, and Ernie lived to be 14 years old, he was an absolutely wonderful dog. Even as a puppy he was laid back and I told my dad he should have named Ernie, "Easy" instead, just due to how easy going the dog was about everything....lol.

Your Ernie looks like he might have a little Jack Russel in him or even a very slight amount of beagle...in just looking at the coloring but his body length gives me the impression he might have a bit of dachshund in him too.

He's cute..and I also like how the names Emmie and Ernie fall off the tongue.

Congrats on adopting a dog.

Stormy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts