Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My adopted dog chewed up his bed so we gave him just a blanket. My dog that I’ve had for 4 years has a bed. And my adopted dog chewed up his bed. What can I do to so my new don’t doesn’t do that to my other dog

·
Registered
564 Posts
Destructive behavior can be a symptom of several issues. For example stress and boredom. Or just the need to chew.

Does he appear under-stimulated and/or distressed? Does he have access to things he is allowed to chew on (toys, bones)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention it only happens after everyone is in bed. And yes he has his toys around so he can chew

·
Registered
564 Posts
I forgot to mention it only happens after everyone is in bed. And yes he has his toys around so he can chew
Is he well exercised before that? How does his routines with activities and exercise look throughout the day?

Where does he sleep? Could he be anxious because he is left alone?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He gets a walk at 730 and we go to bed at 830. And my other dog sleeps in his bed sometimes or sometimes outside because the new dog bothers him too much. So yes sometimes he’s alone.

·
Registered
564 Posts
He gets a walk at 730 and we go to bed at 830. And my other dog sleeps in his bed sometimes or sometimes outside because the new dog bothers him too much. So yes sometimes he’s alone.
Okay but how much exercise, more exact, does he get through out the day? How many walks, how long, other activities etc.

Are you able to let him sleep in the same room as you?

Do you know what breed/breeds he is?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is a poodle terrier mix. Walk in the morning and at night. We play ball with him a couple times during the day.

·
Registered
564 Posts
He is a poodle terrier mix. Walk in the morning and at night. We play ball with him a couple times during the day.
The information you’ve given is very limited and you’re not giving me a lot to work with.

I would look over his need for exercise and other activities. Get him properly exercised through out the day and especially provide a long walk before bedtime to tire him out.

Also get him comfortable where he is sleeping. At least for now it might be necessary for him to sleep close to you, so he doesn’t get anxious or distressed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Of course, at an older age you can still teach them, but it can be a little tricky because the animal has already established a habit in the early stages. Go to the veterinary center to check their health. This helps you ensure that they are ready for a rigorous training session with the highest health and morale. This is really necessary

1 - 9 of 9 Posts