Dog Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My 2.5 y/o lab was diagnosed with Addison’s earlier this year. So far with the meds and injections we have the Addison’s piece under control, but she lost a lot of hair and she’s still thinning and getting bald spots. Vet didn’t have any real suggestions.

Has anyone ever dealt with this or does anyone have any products or supplements they would recommend?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I haven't dealt with this specific disease before, but coconut oil is generally very good for coat health and internal health. I've had great success with omega supplements for my dog's dermatitis hair loss as well. I'm unsure how this would affect other aspects of the imbalances caused by Addison's though, so perhaps check with your vet first before supplementing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't dealt with this specific disease before, but coconut oil is generally very good for coat health and internal health. I've had great success with omega supplements for my dog's dermatitis hair loss as well. I'm unsure how this would affect other aspects of the imbalances caused by Addison's though, so perhaps check with your vet first before supplementing.
I will ask about the oil and the omega. Thank you!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts