Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2 y/o lab came home this morning after a 2 night hospital stay and a few months of being lethargic. Turns out she has Addison’s disease.
While I’m not worried about the medication and taking care of that side, I just need some input. When her sister lab went to great her she became very aggressive and snapped at her. She’s also had liquid diarrhea since we returned multiple times. The vet said may be due to the barium studies they did, but just want to know if anyone else has had this experience, what they did, etc.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I am sorry I have no experience to offer you on the disease. But I would recommend you keep the other dog away from her for now. She is tired, and doesn't feel well, and has been through a lot. It's kind of like if you'd been really sick in the hospital for days and someone came running up to you and tried to get you to go play tennis. You might feel like saying "are you nuts? Leave me alone!". :)
Give her lots of protected space and time and extra coddling and love. Once she has recovered she may be more friendly to her sister dog.
Sometimes giving the dog pumpkin helps with loose stools but please consult the vet before giving her anything, even that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts