Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hector, a 2 YO terrier mix, woke up with a very sensitive stomach. I didn’t think anything of it since he pooped. Over the course of the morning, he started acting very weird, shaking and cowering. I picked him up and he shrieked with pain, what I thought was abdominal pain. I took him to the vet, who did x-ray. Saw no blockage. They gave him an anti nausea injection, and said to bring him back if he vomited. He didn’t vomit, but his behavior became even stranger, and seemed to be in significant pain. I brought him back to vet again, who doesn’t know what’s wrong and offered to keep him overnight.

I am strongly uncomfortable with leaving him there overnight, as he will be terrified.

Do experienced pooch people think it’s ok for me to bring him home? Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks much in advance.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
The behavior you describe, can be typical if they are in a lot of pain. Did your Vet suggest doing a body X-ray, perhaps looking for a spinal problem? Vets have a tough job, since our furry friends can't really tell us where it hurts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I hope your dog is okay and that the vet figured something out if he stayed under observation. Can you let us know what happens. Praying for the dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts