Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've never fed it but I've heard only wonderful things about it. It has a five star rating on Dog Food Advisor. It's too costly for me unfortunately, I'll stick to Canidae which probably isn't quite as good but is still quite decent and is well less than half the price, and my dog does fabulously on it.
Glad you like the Acana though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
455 Posts
^ how much do you pay for it? What I saw online was around $75 for a 26lb bag ...was that the grain free kind or is it the regular kind that expensive? Wellness is almost that expensive so it wouldn't surprise me or anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
455 Posts
Oh just saw the prices for the grain inclusive kind ...around $65 for a 28lb bag. Really not too bad. Still more than I can afford though honestly. (I pay $48 for a 44lb bag) It definitely sounds like a great food though.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've just started using Acana. Was feeding raw, but had started to have problems with diarrhea and lethargy. The poops are better already. Paid around $70 for 15KG of the Lamb and Okanagan Apple, so probably a little cheaper than raw, but not much. The "Regional" variety is about $90 for the 15KG bag.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
It comes to about $75CAD after tax, there's a frequent buyer program too. Even the lower quality foods around here are in the $60+ range. Little Lucy is on the Chicken and Burbank Potato and does well on it- but Remy can't do chicken anymore unfortunately! If you can ever get it, Horizon Legacy is about $55 for the Chicken and $60 for the Salmon- really great food.
^ how much do you pay for it? What I saw online was around $75 for a 26lb bag ...was that the grain free kind or is it the regular kind that expensive? Wellness is almost that expensive so it wouldn't surprise me or anything.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've used the Singles line. I've used the Pork, Duck, and Chicken formulas. My dog did pretty well on them and definitely really liked the food.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just switched to Acana in the last month or so from Merrick. He seems to love it and I love how great the ingredients are! We feed the Regionals line, Wild Prairie. However we're thinking about switching to Pacifica (thinking he has a chicken allergy).

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have two dry dog food brands I switch between, Acana is one of them. Callie has food allergies and there are very few brands which don't include the proteins she is allergic too - Acana is one of the few that actually have a fair few options which I absolutely love!
I have tried Chicken and Burbank Potato which she loved but I don't use any more due to her allergies, we have also used Pacifica and I'm currently feeding Pork and Butternut Squash. Callie adores it, best dry food ever in her opinion. Pip on the other hand has always been a bit fussy so I still have to add some tuna into the mix for her.
Around here, I'm paying.. $127 or so for the 11.4kg bag (25 pounds or so) which annoyingly between my two only lasts 4 weeks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts