Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I feel kind of guilty that I never made an introduction post for Abby! (Got her while I was gone.) She's six months now and honestly, she's the perfect fit. This is the first time I had the breeder solely select the puppy for me and purchased without visiting first (with my other dogs I got to visit and told the breeder what I was looking for, and the breeder recommended a couple of puppies that fit my lifestyle and I picked from them). I was so worried. Would she be too much dog for me? Would she get along with my girls? Would I lack that "connection" with her because I didn't get to pick?

I'm so pleased with the result though! Abby is confident, has a stable temperament, and is game for anything. Her favourite thing ever is tug, she gets along so good with my other girls, and she's adorable to boot!

We've done puppy class, and are now in rally and agility classes. I've also done some tracking and scent detection with her on my own.

Honestly, it feels like we've always had her. So happy with my choice of breeder and how thorough she was in determining which puppy was best for me. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
880 Posts
Gorgeous. I love mals, she looks super sweet.

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Your whole crew is just beautiful!

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Ugh they are all so freaking cute. I was in Kingston for Easter, I was thinking about going on a full-fledged stalking mission to try and find you. ;)

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes! So hard to get good pics of them outside and from a distance.

And Shandula you should of messaged me! Could of had a meetup! Were you traveling with or without a canine companion? Could of come to our tracking meet!

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I was with both of my brats! I imagine the next time we will be down will be for the Sheep Dog Trials at Grass Creek!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I love Mals with the dark dark faces! I hope one day I'm ready for a Mal :D she's a cracker!

·
Registered
499 Posts
I remember when Alva was a puppy how I waited for her to grow up so we could do all fun things together. She wasn't even cute in my eyes. And now I watch photos from that time and miss it. With my next puppy I must enjoy every second before they are gone!

Where does her name come from?

And I agree for the pic spam later :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, maybe I'll have to upload more puppy pictures. She was much lighter when I first got her.

And Abaddon means "destruction" in Hebrew. I'm really into mythology and theology, and theologists aren't sure if Abaddon was a Knight from Hell or the Angel of Destruction sent by God in the book of revelations. I always found that interesting. We just call her Abby for short!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
She looks amazing and is adorable. In the last picture with all three of them she looks kind of like Echo's mini twin lol.
I'm glad things are going well and everything worked out for the best.
I absolutely love her color, I'm so used to seeing tan mals when I look at google pics. Is her color common in mals? I cant wait to see how it looks on her as a adult

·
Registered
499 Posts
I know nothing about hebrew or theology so I had no idea who or what Abaddon is. It looks a bit like A Bad One, and one monster in Torchwood (or was it Doctor Who) is called Abaddon so I wondered if it was picked from that series.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.