Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day one down for our first Rally trial. I got my days mixed up and almost didn't make it. I thought my class time said after noon. That was for tomorrow, not today. Luckily I made it and got to practice a little before we were up.

Right before we went into the ring Aayla got bit or stung or startled by something. Right as the dog before us was finishing, Aayla yelped and bolted before chewing on her leg. I managed to check and she was fine as walked in, but her attention was not on me. The whole course she was not on focused on me like she normally is for rally. Good thing she already walks on my side when not in a formal heel because thats what she did. Despite that she still did all of the commands without problems. We got a 97/100 and first place out of 5 dogs. The judges notes were for her forging ahead and having wide turns.

Here is the run. I had to mute because the guy I had record decided to talk trash on my trainers the entire time and thats all you hear.

So we have an event tomorrow which I think I will just try to get her attention before we enter, and that might help a bit. Otherwise I am a very proud dog mom and was very impressed with how she did. Her pivots were sharper than I was expecting for her 'front return to left' and left turns, her down was great too as she has been getting lazy recently.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Congratulations! :D

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Congrats! She did awesome for her first trial AND being bit/stung/startled right before she went in! You guys rocked!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.