Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for the dock diving event we are going to Aayla gets to have a song of choice while she is on the dock and jumping. I am really conflicted on what to play for her.

I was thinking 'Water' by Kenney Chesney but that feels a little mellow for her.

She is high energy and young. She is very enthusiastic and a big wiggle butt. (Kind of thought of LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it" for the "wiggle wiggle wiggle..." Part)

I'm just overall stumped and thought I would ask and see if anyone has any fun song ideas.

Reactions: Sabina88

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If you are going for water themed songs:

Love a rainy night - Eddie Rabbit

This one is more of a of a stretch as far as water themed......lol.
Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves

Go real 'country' with:
Foggy Mountain Breakdown: Earl Scrubbs

Surfer song:
Wipe Out by the Ventures

Or even the Hawaii 50 theme also by the ventures

Hope that gets you started on your hunt...

Stormy

EDIT: I tried to add Youtube links...failed...lol..got a bunch of code or something instead. I'll try one more time:p

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I think sexy and I know it would be fun, I can just picture her running and jumping while hearing that in the background lol.
Did you mean "water" by brad paisley?
Maybe you could pick a couple of songs and have her run around and maybe jump with the song in the background to see if you like the song and it fits. If she has a registered name maybe you could find a song to play off it.
For a fun throw back you could do the underdog theme. A couple of other suggestions if you want to look into them (there a whole bunch of different styles), Fitz and Trantrums- HandClap
, I Need My Memory Back by The Glitch Mob feat. Aja Volkman
, Jamie N Commons - Rumble And Sway
, The Black Keys - Howlin For You (doggy pun ;p)
,Trace Adkins - Honky Tonk Badonkadonk

Reactions: StormyPeak

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Who Let the Dog's Out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like a dumb dumb for getting the artist mixed up for Water. Thats what I get for getting on the forum right as I wake up.

@stormy - The two I like out of those people are already using! Someone already has Wipeout and Walking on Sunshine. Thats a thing too are some of the fun ones people already have.

@Sabina - A lot of good options! I like the idea of Handclap, Howlin' For You and Honky Tonk Badonkadonk but I think the last was used last time I was there.

Some others I'm thinking of are :

Geronimo - Sheppard

Now or Never - Outasight

Gosh I'm thinking way too much about this. I always felt like choosing songs was a way to show your character or something. =P

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Don't worry, I haven't listened to water in years so I didn't remember who sang it all (thanks youtube lol), and id probably spend a lot of time choosing a song too.
Is this going to be her theme song for all of her dock dog events or can you change it/pick new ones each time?
Now or Never sounds like a fun song.

I forgot to add these two but I ran out of time to edit my post

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
If you liked Walking on Sunshine you might like this:

Beautiful Thing by Pompium

Stormy

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Oh I've totally thought of this before with my dogs (in baseball, players have walk up songs. I already have my dogs walk up songs picked out. Lol).

If you can use just the chorus would be cute

I just love this song! And it will get people's attentions. Although I don't know if it is family friendly...

A little girlier

Great pump up song.

Anything by Taylor might be funny...

Just went through some of the popular walk up songs in baseball right now and those are a few of that I found.

Here's the link if you want to take a look
MLB Walk up Songs

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
If you just want something fun and upbeat.

If you just want to say you love Aayla

Maybe something from Aayla's perspective?

Personally I think if I was looking for one for Zody I'd use the last one.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
One more....

As She was by Talking Heads : )

The line, 'the world was moving and she floating above it' I could see that being played as a dog sails off a dock...

------
Stormy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.