Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
I wouldn't use it, though I guess it could work for some. It doesn't look comfortable to hold for walks, I like being able to loop the leash around my wrist. It gives me a better grip and it's more secure.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm currently shopping for "equipment" to walk two dogs simultaneously.

What I don't like about this product is it doesn't look comfortable to hold and, more importantly, it looks like two dogs could easily pull it out of your hand. Also, it looks like the only way to walk the dogs using this product is out in front of you. I prefer my dogs walking at my side.

I have been looking at swivel couplers that are basically a tall Y. Essentially, 3-4' of single lead, then the swivel coupler, then about 12-18" from the split to each dog. I'm also considering switching to harnesses that clip on the back (now I use a flat collar or a front clip harness). Both of my boys walk very nicely and rarely pull, so I'm comfortable switching to harnesses that clip on the back.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I just use a coupler. It's cheap and I can use my regular leash which I prefer.

Reactions: annageckos

·
Registered
495 Posts
I like the basic idea of this, but as others have said, the handle looks like it wouldn't be all that comfortable to hold on to, and it would be very easy for the dogs to pull it out of your hand.

Honestly, I've never seen someone try to walk two dogs with a leash in each hand. Generally they're on one leash with their own additional leashes or using a coupler or something similar.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I came across this product on Kickstarter and it looks brilliant, what do you guys think?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/834506810/double-doggie-two-dog-walker
Your username is the same name as the product, and you have one post. I think you are the creator yourself looking to get the word out and for feedback and not someone who "came across it? :p

Anyway, it looks like a cool idea, however I wouldn't be comfortable using it. The handle looks like it would easily slip out of my sweaty hands. Plus, I train my dog to walk next to me and not in front of me. This might work well for people who have 2 or 3 small dogs who walk in front. But not big ones that are going to lunge for a squirrel.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Benefit over a regular coupler is that the dogs can get away from each other- I've seen a more than one "set" of dogs get into a tussle because they got riled up over something, bumped into each other and redirected because they couldn't get away from each other. Granted, these dogs probably shouldn't be walking together at all, never mind connected to each other in any way.

Negatives over a regular coupler:
-handle looks not comfy, not easy to grip (a lot of flexi users also complain about them being easy to pull out of the hand), requires hand to hold (can't loop it over your arm if your hands are full).
- how do you keep the dogs from tangling in their leash(es)? In the video, it looked like the leash was down around at least one dog's feet and they were about to step over it. And with both dogs having the same long leash, you can't take up the slack on one if it is walking beside you while the other is at the end of their leash. Regular couplers tend to do a better job of keeping the leash out from under the dogs' feet IME.

I wouldn't use it, but I don't generally use a regular coupler either (though I did last week when I could only find one leash ;)). I do sometimes hook two dogs together when biking, but when I do that, I actually hook the leash to one dog (the squirrelier one) and then run a tiny double ended snap line to the other dog (the good dog, who could probably run off leash, but for safety's sake...). This way I don't have to worry about them getting tangled or their feet over a line, which is a major pain when biking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.