Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a chihuahua and for the past year he has dealt with some health issues regarding his skin etc. We are currently on a allergic diet food plan with him, and has been on it for the past 8 weeks. The reason we are on the allergic diet food is because he has a itching problem, and we´re trying to figure out if he is allergic to food.

The problem with the eye occurred first about 1 year ago, but it has gradually deteriorated over the time.

Does anyone know what this is, and how we can get rid of it? We asked the vet, but he just said it was "worms" and that there was nothing she could to with it. We are starting to get worried.

Please look at the attached images.

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
I would see another vet, personally. I've switched vets that I wasn't comfortable with or that I wasn't happy with. You need to be able to trust your vet, and to just say 'worms' can't do anything would make me doubt her.

I'm not sure what it is on your dogs eye. Does it seem to bother him? Any scratching or pawing?

·
Registered
368 Posts
looks like eye discharge drying on the pores around the eye... not in itself a problem, but something is obviously bugging your pet's eye for it to be discharging like that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I agree with the second vet option I would also suggest using an oatmeal based dog shampoo on him. It looks like flea bites to me but it could also be worms soI would check in on getting a simple wormer and giving him only SLIGHTLY above the recommended dose for his weight. We had a dog with this a few years ago and the shampoo helped a lot and it seemed to almost disappear after every session with wormer (we live in an area where they are very prone to those sorts of things)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts