Dog Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure if I should be concerned or not but my baby had surgery last Friday (Spayed) now a week later she's a little swollen.

Two days ago my other dog started barking which caused her to get excited to the point she jumped up and ran to the edge of my bed, Due to her doing so she her belly became swollen being that it was late in the evening I called her vet to ask them should I be concerned they told me to bring her in the next morning which was yesterday, by the time I took her in the swelling had went down some. The vet told me that she was healing fine and everything looked good and that I was doing a good job so now the swelling moved to the area where the incision is so now I don't know if I should call her vet again or just wait it out until Monday IMG_20151218_150844.jpg

·
Registered
368 Posts
looks OK from the photo, but can't see all the details. Some swelling post spay at the incision site is fairly normal anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on my little concern

I'm supposed to take the e-collar off my little one but I'm not sure if I should can anyone please give me some good advice Thank you so very much I would call her vet but they are closed until saturday IMG_20151224_220355[1].jpg

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
That looks weird sorry! my Jessies never looked like that after a week or at all! not sure whats wrong but id be concerned if its a hametoma? @Grabby might know more then me

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really thinks It's from her jumping off the bed. I think I'm gonna keep her E-Collar on until Saturday when her vet opens so I can take her in to see what's wrong

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
What is a hametoma ?
its a solid swelling of clotted blood within the tissues. can get them after surgery i sure did! anyone can even animals. for now keep eye on it till can get to vets if gets worse id go to emergency vet especially if goes downhill fast

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I'm not a vet. If this were my dog, I'd not be too concerned. I would leave the e collar on so the incision site won't be licked. Best advice is, if you're convinced there's a problem, see your vet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys I did take her to her vet and I was told that it was a suture reaction and keep the cone on for another week also she is healing good and not to worry even though I'm gonna worry because she's my baby

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Thank you guys I did take her to her vet and I was told that it was a suture reaction and keep the cone on for another week also she is healing good and not to worry even though I'm gonna worry because she's my baby
Glad its not a haemtoma it was either that or suture reaction or some infection i thought. did they take the stitches out? also find out the type sutures used so you can note down which she reacts to

1 - 13 of 13 Posts