Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I started posting on here to get some medical advice on my pups but I would like to introduce us as well.

I live in North Carolina with my two Akitas and our hedgehog. My oldest boy, Bear, is a rescue from a high kill shelter who wasn't even going to be put out on the floor due to his breed and the fact that he came in as a stray. Luckily, I found out about him from a friend and agreed to take him home straight out of his quarantine period after meeting him and seeing how sweet he is! He is an Akita/Pit, and has become a Canine Good Citizen and registered therapy dog at the young age of only 20 months (approx.) He is definitely a breed ambassador and gets complements everywhere he goes.

I also have a purebred Akita named Loki who is about to turn 5 months old. I got him from a couple whose female "accidentally" got pregnant by the neighbor's 130 lb monster. I think they realized the mistake they made when the mother had 9 puppies, and they couldn't find any of them homes. I picked him up when he was 9 weeks old, covered in fleas and full of worms, only having been touched by two people in his whole life. He's come a long way after lots of careful socialization and is a very handsome boy.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome to dogforum!

You have some super cute pups there! I'm glad that you are an awesome breed ambassador, I have known a lot of Akitas that were owned by people who never worked with them and were typically very reactive. I love to hear good stories about them. I've known a few that are just dolls as well!

Does Bear like kayaking? He looks like he is enjoying it! Most dogs I know are pretty fearful of moving ground like boats/docks and so on.

I hope you will stick around and share more photos!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice to meet you! Your dog's are beautiful, and I thank you for giving the lovely dogs a chance. Welcome here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.