Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd add a few pics of my two growing up, as they're both pretty young still. So, er, this might be a bit picture heavy!

I'll start with Freddy, my love bug whom was my first dog and the perfect puppy.

Here's the little poppet at about...ten weeks? Christmas day, all partied out.

And at thirteen weeks - looking a bit more Schnauzery here!

First clip! Five months old.

Being a joker.

And then a gentleman.

Being a snowbaby.

Then a disaster groom...'Could you just take off his furnishings but leave his beard and brows? His hair is getting a bit sodden and matted in the snow.' So the groomer took off EVERYTHING. Sigh, it's back now, at least, but from there I started grooming him myself!

Took him six months, but now he looks more like this...

Now for Maisy!

Looking adorable at eight weeks old.

'I'll follow you, Mister Fredsy.'

Bit bigger now!

And settling down.

Plenty of attitude.

Kisses!

Nice longer walks now she's hit six months!

And, finally, she's at nine months here, but this was a month ago before a show.

Sorry if I bored you! I take too many, really!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
They're so cute! The pictures are just beautiful, can I ask what kind of camera you use?

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
I actually like the all trimmed up look around the muzzle, but I think I am ignorant of what the breed is supposed to look like. I like that "clean/sleek" look.

Anyway, beautiful shots, all of them. Cute dogs!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks you guys! Yes, Tess, I quite like the clean look but I know and love him bearded, which is the classic look for them...I've never even seen pictures of another Mini Schnauzer without a beard!

I use a Nikon D40, manually set to various f.stops in various lights but mostly ISO 200 in good light with manual focus on a Macro lens 70-300mm. I don't shoot in auto, so the camera isn't doing the light exposure, focus, or depth of field by itself, I have to do that manually. I've been practising for about two years now, and have my own dog photography blog which I'm not allowed to post here lest it be advertising, so that's all I'll say about it. :p

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
22,639 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
they are both SO FRIGGEN CUTE!
I love schnauzers, they have such pep in the way they walk.

My favorite picture is definitely # 11 when they are both outside standing

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:D Thanks, you guys! I'm beaming my arse off, here!

As for a way in which they walk? Ohh boy, yes. I thought it was just mine till I went on a Schnauzer meet...and saw ALL the Minis doing the Schnauzer prance!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts