Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aunt has 2 kittens named Zion and Simba, I think I've mentioned them before. Simba is the chill, good cat, he is less adventurous than Zion, and Zion is the exact opposite and very agile. I was staying with my aunt for a few weeks, and while I was there, my aunt was meal prepping, and made some chicken and put it on the counter to cool down. Everyone had their backs turned because we were watching TV, and then we hear some very loud chewing, and see Zion happily eating a piece of chicken on the floor! The tiny kitten jumped onto the counter that is like a 100 times taller than him, grabbed chicken from the container, then jumped down onto the floor within the span of 5 seconds. I wonder what he'll be doing next!
😆

· Registered
2,321 Posts
That's the thing about cats. They can get to almost anywhere. And in my somewhat extensive experience, they can only very rarely be trained not to do this. I know how to train dogs and cats both but have not succeeded in training my cat not to get on the counters when I am not watching him.

The only solution is to keep all food off the counter. Even if I am only going to the bathroom, I put food that's on the counter into the microwave so my cat cannot get to it if it is a type of thing he would like to eat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.