Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a male 9 years old Chihuahua he keeps weeing on sofas bed and all around house up doors fridge washer cooker and all my doors when the back door is allways open even he wees at the back door on step that’s in side sitting room but the door was open he must no it’s wrong coz he gets really told off and hides what can I do and has the poos runny most ov the time off different things he eats need help as my home is smelling bad ov dog wee even after bleaching it?

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
If this is a change in his toilet habits, your first step is to get a vet to check him in case it is medical rather than behavioural. And please stop telling him off. If it is a UTI or similar, he can't help it. Even if it isn't, dogs don't know you are cross about the place they have toiletted, they think you are cross just because they have toileted, so they try to find places or times when you won't see - so that you don't have to get cross. That means they sneak off out of sight or find other ways to avoid you when they need, rather than coming to find you, which is what you want them to do. So scolding them is really counterproductive.

Get a proper cleaner, bleach is ammonia based, so it actually attracts dogs back. Get an enzyme based cleaner and leave it down for ten minutes before you wipe it up to give the enzymes a chance to work properly.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Please take this dog to a vet. It sounds to me as if he has something wrong with him. And as Joanne said, please stop scolding him. If his poop is runny that is diarrhea and he cannot help it, likewise if he has a urinary infection he cannot help it. In both of those conditions it is very miserable for the dog, and possibly painful. He needs medical attention.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts