Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my Boston Terrier puppy on the 21st of June when he was 7 weeks and his stool was soft but had some form and also had a small tinge of orange and I immediately took his feces to the vet for a fecal test. I got a call today on 06/30 and was told his feces was perfectly fine.
However his stool has gradually become softer to the point where it no longer has any form and I started seeing white tiny specs in his poop (they aren't moving).
Part of me is not sure if it has to do with his change in diet as he used to eat pedigree puppy from the breeder and I have changed his food to “Merrick Classic Healthy Grains Puppy Recipe Dry Dog Food” and haven’t necessarily weaned him off as I dont want to give him pedigree puppy due to it’s poor ratings. In addition I am also mixing 2 spoonfuls of “JustFood ForDogs: Chicken and White rice recipe”. He loves it but I feel perhaps the drastic change has upset his tummy. Lastly I found a flea roaming his neck today (06/30) and killed it; I made sure to search the rest of him but it seemed like that was the only one on him. He had his first vaccinations/deworming on the 25th of June administered by the breeder.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,649 Posts
It could have been the change of food, puppies also can get an upset tummy just from the stress of the move so a change of food as well can overload their system.

But I strongly recommend you take him back to the vet. A puppy can go downhill very fast, and he is very young. So he really needs something to make this stop.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Agree, you should be consulting with a Vet. Also, if you saw one flea, you had best believe there are lots more you didn't see.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
One other thought, and again talk to your Vet, its possible he is allergic to chicken, many dogs are.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could have been the change of food, puppies also can get an upset tummy just from the stress of the move so a change of food as well can overload their system.

But I strongly recommend you take him back to the vet. A puppy can go downhill very fast, and he is very young. So he really needs something to make this stop.

It might be the food. I noticed that on the morning his stool comes out perfectly fine still with the white specks though for some reason. But as the day progresses it goes back to diarrhea. So I get the feeling the food might not sit well with him. He has an appointment next Sunday for his next set of shots but I’ll probably do another fecal test and talk to the doctor and see what they think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts