Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, dog enthusiasts of the internet. My 7mo old border collie/German Shepherd mix has recently started throwing up once a night for the past week or so.

At first I thought it was because of some junk he had eaten (he chewed on some weeds with small thistles and an old orange rind on separate days) but I tried giving him some extra food before bedtime to see if it would help him feel satiated and he threw it all up this morning. There wasn’t any blood or bile from what I could tell.

We feed him two cups of Authority chicken and rice mix for puppies in the morning and two cups in the night. It’s the same food he has been eating for months. We also put Natural Promise Fresh Dental water additive to his water each morning to help with oral health.

He doesn’t have any diarrhea and acts fine for most of the day but I am worried that there might be a bigger underlying problem here.... as a first time dog owner I’m not sure what to try out before taking him to a vet. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thank you so much in advance!!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I would suggest taking him to the Vet first, then you can try things that he or she suggests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts