Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5Q1Mk9jUc

I know this is my first post - wish I found this site sooner as it would've been amazing to learn from in the first two years of Bobby the choc lab's life!

This is a woman I met a few weeks ago. She is Audrey, 70. She cared for her family until they died. Then she experienced loneliness, isolation and depression for twenty years. Other than her dogs, she had no-one, and all she wished for was friends. Her dogs were literally what pulled her through her darkest time. She came out the other side and is now happy again. I hope you like this film.

Dogs are so awesome in so many ways, I think we forget just how much sometimes.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Volunteer visits are wonderful. I did enjoy the vid.
My husband and I visit a nursing home every weekend to visit our friend there (she is without family) and mingle with other folks too. We used to do this with Dynamo, and I miss her most at the home because I find it very hard to be social without my dog. Mostly now, I just sit with my friend and chat with her only. She missed Dynamo too, and it felt really good to have her to talk to her about it. She's been on the planet long enough to know just what to say, and that's why old people are awesome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts