Dog Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,691 Posts
Compute is glitchy, posted simultaneously with incoming posts: here is my updated post!!!
I just read all the posts and pictures and I am so glad he is alright!!!! Our Addison ate a fermented black walnut and went into liver failure with the same symptoms, bile, dehydration, weak, etc. two weeks ago. Check your backyard, or have your dog lead you to what he might have eaten as that's how we found out from ADDISON! Walnuts have the green shell around them and are a little bigger than a golf ball, the rotten ones are the real killers! Ask around the area to see if anyone is poisoning critters like mice and chipmunks...also mushrooms are toxic as are hosta, etc. Holly really helped us out with our dog. Don't know what we would have done because we just couldn't figure it out at all!!! ASPCA has a list of toxic plants/trees, etc and I have torn out every bush and chopped trees to empty the yard! One big black walnut chop is pending I hope.

So glad you got to a great vet and a caring one!!! We had purchased pet insurance via ASPCA but there are a lot of different policies, for about a 1 a day peace of mind!!! So worth it. It is picking up 90% of the bills and continuing care...whew.
 
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
Top