Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hello!
First off welcome and good luck with the house buying :)

How old is Rose now? Where was she kept outside? On a tie-out or a kennel run?
Disclaimer up first, I'm not a professional, but maybe it is similar to something my dog experiences once in a while :)

It was her first time being inside, so she was probably over stimulated, but kept it all "inside" so to speak. She didn't go after the cat, she was good in the crate and so on. You took her out a couple of times, but she was still "careful" with what comes next, so to speak. As said, for her everything was new. Then, when you took her out the last time, it just all broke out of her, so pretty much "all hell broke lose" and she just tried to let her excitement out on you.

My dog does this when we're in the pool. She isn't comfortable with going in the pool from the stairs, but she does go "in" if I hold a floaty she can jump on and I can "drive" her around. She looks around and wags her tail, but is otherwise really still. As soon as we're back at the stairs and she can jump on "land" she takes whatever is in close proximity, runs off and tries to "kill" it. I bet she would react similar, if she would be restrained by a leash and me close by. She just needs to let her built up excitement out.

So, trying to find a solution here: Is the yard/run where you have her outside, fenced? if yes, let her of the leash before stepping outside, so she can "run it out" and you're not the target. Or, but I'm not sure how well this would work: Try ignoring her, turn away, be quiet, no eye contact, no talk, and so on.

I hope this somehow helps.
I really also don't think this is aggression. It's just total excitement overload :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.