Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently fostered Leo, a mutt from the local Humane Society, almost everything has gone smoothly with the exception of his teething.

He seems to only want to chew on fabric things (shirts, blankets, sheets, ect) When I see him doing this I give him a stern "N0" and try and replace it with the rope toy, bird toy, or hard small bone, but he only chews the bone if I hold it in my hand so he can get it to the teeth in the back of his mouth. He did lose a tooth last night, so I'm not sure how if that has any effect on his behavior.

What would be something good and durable that I could give him to chew on or any suggestions on how to get him to chew on the rope toys?

Thanks

Kevin

·
Banned
6,595 Posts
Nylabones are good. They come apart in small pieces so it's easier to feel more destructive. Koda holds them down with her paws, maybe you can find a 'holder' for it? Or make one?

Frozen stuffed kongs work well also...once the PB is gone he can chew on the rubber.

What about some softer toys that are made of rubber, with nubs on them to help?

Rope toys aren't great for chewing-same with fabrics-because large pieces go through their system. Small amounts are okay but strings passing through aren't really GOOD for anyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts