Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whenever my little guy isn't playing with one of us or stops playing with a toy he was interested in, he'll just lye down and look bored. Although my boyfriend and I work full time and will take separate lunch times to come home and let him play/feed and all of that, we will take him 2-3 times a week to a puppy day care place for either a full or half day (which has been amazing!). When we pick him up at the end of the day, he is so tired he'll sleep almost through the night. On days we don't take him to day care, we'll go on a long walk after I get home from work. To me, it seems like he is active enough so I can't understand what's wrong. He doesn't destroy things, get into the trash, or retaliates in bad behavior, just naps and will opens his eyes to watch my every move.

Regardless of what we do during the day or even the weekend, once we stop playing with him he just looks so bored and it kills me. Is something wrong? What can I do to fix this? It's so hard to keep in really interested in a toy for more than 10 minutes. He hasn't been fixed yet but he will be in the next month or two.

Please help!

·
Registered
297 Posts
What breed is he? Have you considered taking him to the vet to see if it anything health related? There is a possibility that he is just a low energy pup and is just tired But it would be safest if he was checked out by a vet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's a 6 month old Boston Terrier. I've had several boston terriers in my family but he is the first one that is my own and had since he was 6 weeks old.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Whenever my little guy isn't playing with one of us or stops playing with a toy he was interested in, he'll just lye down and look bored.

I think like most humans you are reading human thoughts into your dogs mind.
He sounds like a well adjusted dog to me. When not interacting with a human or other dog thats what normal dogs do. You have a great pup enjoy.

·
Registered
904 Posts
A bored dog would be doing all of this:
... destroy things, get into the trash, or retaliates in bad behavior,
Left to their own devices, dogs don't seek out 'entertainment' 24/7. They really do tend to nap a lot in between activities. Sounds like your pup is doing fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think its anything too bad. Puppies tend to get tired pretty easily. I remember when Milly was a puppy and whenever she was done with her toy or done playing, she would lay down and just well.. lay there! And maybe casually fall asleep! I think your little guys is fine :) But if you're really worried, I would take him to the vet. I'm no doctor :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.