Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 5 year old Rhodesian ridgeback mix and she's having some peeing problems. We've had her since she was a puppy and she was perfectly house trained then but in the past year or two she has started peeing inside. She goes out often and goes running every morning as I am training for a marathon so it's not a frequency of out time I hope. We have a fenced yard where the door is cracked when we are home but still is peeing in the house if we leave only for an hour or so. She also runs away if we leave the door cracked when we go out without her (maybe trying to look for us?)
She's very nervous and timid since she was abused before we got her at seven weeks so maybe we were thinking it's an anxiety thing? Any suggestions on how to train or reteach potty tricks would be appreciated!!

Thanks puppies :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Is she always going in the same spot and only when you leave?

I guess the best place to start is to treat her like a puppy again. Take out every 30 mins to an hour and praise heavily.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
Has she been to the vets to make sure it's not medical? When a dog that was previously housetrained starts to potty inside the first thing to do is make sure it's not something like a bladder or kidney infection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts