Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I have a question i have a litter of 6 boxer pups and about three days ago I noticed that they were kinda burping up there gruel that we feed them. One has been throwing it up but there still all full of energy and there stool is still solid. We feed them goat milk with puppy food two egg yokes! Can they be rejecting the food now they have grow so much on, do I need to switch it up? And for the ones that say feed on mom not a option because mom killed one and she is not allowed around them! Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
Sounds like you should speak with a vet. Puppies at that age are very susceptible to a litany of illnesses and diseases that could upset their stomachs or make them throw up with almost all of them being fatal.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
I'd get them to the vet ASAP. You need to make sure they have not picked up parvo somewhere, parvo will kill a puppy. If it was just one doing it I'd be worried less but given you say it's all of them please get them to the vet.

It could be that they are simply eating to fast and it's causing them to regurgitate the food, but again get them checked by the vet

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I agree with getting them to a Vet ASAP. Puppies that young are very fragile, and have no reserve, so quick response and treatment is vital to their survival.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Hey everyone I have a question i have a litter of 6 boxer pups and about three days ago I noticed that they were kinda burping up there gruel that we feed them. One has been throwing it up but there still all full of energy and there stool is still solid. We feed them goat milk with puppy food two egg yokes! Can they be rejecting the food now they have grow so much on, do I need to switch it up? And for the ones that say feed on mom not a option because mom killed one and she is not allowed around them! Thanks everyone!
You could be giving them to much goat's milk.
How much are you giving each puppy??
I have a litter of huskies just like yours momma wants nothing to do with anymore. She didn't kill only difference. Some don't do very good with teeth.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts