Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just happened to see that this article talking about some ways to find your lost dogs:

https://reolink.com/how-to-find-lost-pet-dog-cat-and-prevent-losing-pet/

Do you think it is necessary to set up a camera for doggy?

I'm considering :ponder::ponder:if I should get one, cuz losing my cutie would freak me out.

Any advice for how to prevent your dogs from stealing or losing? truly appreciated!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it is not necessary to make a purchase specific equipment for it. If yes I fear that this will be lost on a walk , prefer to arrange that will be able to get to you when you call . If this still does not know how it is better to buy a flexy and leash with him to enable to "free" running gears around , you will not be afraid to lose a dog on a walk .
However, if you are afraid that the dog you have lost at home only prveriti that the fence around the garden (if you have it ) is high enough and that there are no holes where the dog can escape. You have but to ensure that visitors and everyone else closes the door of the garden ( or in the event that you do not have a garden the front door ).

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's a REALLY bad article.

Look at #3, check animal shelter. Note for that one it says to check where you walk your dog first. That should be the #1 advice.

Regarding security cameras

This is a tool that has very isolated use for lost pets. I suspect that pets lost in the home account for a tiny number of all pets. For most people their pets run away/escape/wander off someplace else other than hiding in the house. The other use is to confirm that your pet is kidnapped or stolen.

I would NOT advise anyone to purchase a security camera as a preemptive tool to prevent your pet from getting lost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts