Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm very new to the site. Just wanted to throw out a few things about my pup and get some advice. Okay well her name is Roxy ( Roxxs). Me and my boyfriend found & brought her off of Craigslist on October 5th. She was listed as a pit bull and the original owners brought her dad and pictures of her mom ( they both looked like full blooded pit bulls). I started noticing that she don't look much like her parents and her eyes are lower than most pits. I do believe she's a boxer mix but whatever she's ours and I love her already. But at 5 months she does the oddest things. First off, she is overly obsessed with me and had been since the day we brought her home. She follows me everywhere, every time I move. Cries when I'm in the shower and when I step out the house. ( I'm home 24/7 for now but I will be going back to work next month). She is very nervous around people and other dogs( like we're walking and she sees a Shih Tzu and takes off for the house).Although she plays with two of my family members pets. She was pretty difficult to house train and we still have random accidents ( like today, I said bathroom and she goes to steps and waits on me to put on my jacket, but as I walk past her going dwn the steps saying coming on, she sit and stares at me so I grab her leash and as I go back up to get her she squats and pees and then runs). Im just confused and I've had a few dogs in my days but none that did the things she does. Is this normal stuff for a pup her age ?! Sorry for the chapter book lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
She has separation anxiety, and how a dog perceives strangers/stranger dogs can be totally different than how they act with their own family/dog family. 5 months is also around the time of her "puppy fear period" that some puppies have, and you can find more info on it with just googling "puppy fear period". Try to avoid any and all situations and things that might spook her, and make everything she does extra positive, fun, and rewarding during this time- which may last up to a year old.

It's not necessarily normal or not normal- much of it is just temperament based a lot on genetics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She definitely has separation anxiety. I don't know what going to do when I return to work ?. Hmm puppy fear, I've never heard of it so I'll definitely do my research. Thank you !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts