Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proud momma to a 7 month old husky/shepard/pit mix. On 4/28/16, I had her spayed. She was in heat at the time of her surgery. Today, on 5/3/16, 5 days post op I noticed that the area around her incision was very swollen and red, though NOT hot or warm to touch. The swollen area is very firm, almost hard to touch. She has a thin bloody type discharge coming from the incision site. And she is dripping similar discharge from her vulva. She has been on antibiotics since the surgery. I spoke to the vet, and they assured me that since she was in heat at the time of her surgery that the vulva discharge is normal. But they want to examine her belly. Unfortunately I am without a ride until next week, so I am trying to find somebody to take me. They said in the meantime, to do warm compresses 2-4 times a day and observe her signs of lethargy, decreased appetite or not drinking, or anything else 'not normal'.

I am very worried about my pup. Has anybody else had something similar? Was it serious?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I found that Ubers are usually happy to take a dog in a crate if you message them before they get there. If the vet wants to see it it's a good idea to go.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
You need to find a way to get her to a Vet, infection is a real possibility here, and you want to get it properly treated before it becomes life threatening.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts