Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Me and my girlfriend have a 4 months puppy, He is mixed, we have him for 2.5 months.

In our apartment he is charming, cute, play with us gently and obey.

Sometimes we take him outside to a closed garden for dogs, he can run and play freely there. When there are no dogs there he becomes in one second not obey dog, make aggressive noises, jump on us and bites strong and not willing to calm down. Like being rebel in a bad way.

1. Is there is anything we can do?
2. Sometimes we give him small bone to eat, if we try to touch the bone while its in his mouth, he again become even more aggressive, panic and make us the noises of aggression.
Is that normal behavior of a puppy?

Thank you for your help :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes it's a normal on the puppy. Puppy loves to play especially on the park when they see some dogs and puppy too. When they don't see any dogs or puppy they will do that to you. It is their way to communicate with you that they wants to play with you. So why they will jump, sometime bite. Just play with him.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Sounds like a pup that wants to play with you when no better alternative exists. I doubt it's "aggression". Find a more suitable play toy for the situation, maybe a tug/rope. Dog jumps or bites on you, redirect to the tug and have at it. Wouldn't hurt to start and teach the dog a drop it while playing. The sessions should have a clear beginning and end as well. Eventually, the dog will thrive on the interaction during this play and you can use the play items as training tools and really make some advancements.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
I forgot to mention something in my previous post and that was your dog needs to learn some rules as well. At 4 months, I wouldn't tolerate the bite pressure being used as you described it as " strong". The pup needs to be educated on some of the behaviors you mentioned. Not to be an alarmist but it most likely will get worse if not dealt with immediately. The upside is the pup is 4 months and it's easier to train the behavior out of the pup, once you get busy training.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Yes, it is just puppy play! You need to have a tug toy and every time he goes to put his mouth on you, stick the tug toy in his face so he can grab that to play with you! Every time he jumps on you turn your back on him and stop playing with him....that will teach him that you will not play if he jumps on you (do not speak or make eye contact so he knows you are ignoring him!) Eventually he will understand, but it takes time and patience. There are a lot of old threads here on how to train your pup ...read them! Training takes time and you must be consistent!

P.S. No screaming, yelling or hitting!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That behavior must definitely be stopped because although it is a puppy that are sighnes of agression behavior that can continue if you dont stop them in puppyhood ypu can have serious problems later. The thing that I suggest is to have a puppy on a leash and correct him whean it starts barking on a dog that passes by. Tat is the way to socializate it whit oather dogs so it will be able to play and run free in the garden withowt scaring oather dong in futcher...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wait wait wait.... Your puppy is 16 weeks/4 months old and you've had him for 2.5 months, so 10 weeks?

So this puppy was taken from the litter at 6 weeks?

·
Registered
287 Posts
That behavior must definitely be stopped because although it is a puppy that are sighnes of agression behavior that can continue if you dont stop them in puppyhood ypu can have serious problems later. The thing that I suggest is to have a puppy on a leash and correct him whean it starts barking on a dog that passes by. Tat is the way to socializate it whit oather dogs so it will be able to play and run free in the garden withowt scaring oather dong in futcher...
No, it's not, that the dog is agressive to other dogs! read it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts