Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3yo Australian Shepherd still pees whenever I come home and would cheerfully greet him. Or if he sees anyone 'strange' and gets too excited anyway, even if they aren't too cheery. At 1yo people still told me I should be patient and he should grow out of it, Same at 1.5yo. at 2yo I just figured he's just really slow with it. (He was also really slow with peeing in the house in general compared to his 4yo 'brother', also an aussie). so now after all this time I'm wondering if I should still be patient, Learn to live with it or start worrying about it concerning his health maybe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Our puppy is very submissive, and we were told some tricks by a friend to keep her from peeing. It might be a little different with an adult dog, but here they are.

When you come home, or are greeting your dog in general, you should keep very calm. Don't use a high pitched voice or quick actions, but pet her slowly and keep her from jumping up. Don't stand when you greet them or pet them in general, but squat or sit, meet them on their level so you aren't as scary or intimidating(DON"T lean over them, that's even worse). Tell strangers to do so as well if they are to pet her. Hope this helped a bit, good luck!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts