·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time of year again! Is everybody read for our

THIRD ANNUAL SECRET SANTA??

RULES AND GUIDELINES

The following are the rules and guidelines for participation:

1) You MUST be an active member, 18 or older, and have at least 200 posts during the time of sign up.

2) The gift limit is $20 US, not including the price of shipping. Please try to stick to this so we can keep everything as fair as possible. If you are crafty, creating home-made gifts can allow you to maximize the number of items you send. Using items or materials you already have on hand doesn't have to count towards your $20, but it can if you want.

Also, keep in mind that shipping internationally is fairly pricy and can easily double the total amount you spend. Remember to consider this while you sign up, as you will indicate whether international shipping is an option for you.

3) When you are given the name of your santa, you will be passed along any info they put down during sign up on what they or their dog can/can't have, or what items they would like to avoid receiving. Please read and respect those requests. Getting a gift you cannot use spoils the fun for that person.

4) If you have additional questions for your secret santa, please don't attempt to ask them discreetly! Moderators will be available to act as messengers so gifters can remain anonymous. Simply post your question in your original TTTT submission thread, we will send it along, and then we will give you their reply.

5) Please only sign up if you are sure you can participate. If something does come up later and you find yourself unable to, please let a moderator know ASAP so we can reassign your santa. We need as advanced a notice as possible so we can make sure your santa still gets a gift.

6) Ship your gift on time! Since we will have a reveal thread, it would be nice if everybody can participate, which means they need to have received their gift. Ship early if possible.

7) Finally, since this is SECRET santa, please try to KEEP IT A SECRET! Do not purposefully drop hints, or post discussions where you might reveal who you are sending your gift to. If a moderator sees a breech in secrecy, we will remove your post without notice! The secrecy is a part of the fun, so please don't spoil it for your santa!

TIMELINE

Today- November 15 - Sign up
Nov 16-Nov 18 - Pairing and notification
Dec 7 - Ideal deadline to ship gifts to avoid late arrivals during the Christmas Rush
January 1, 2015 - reveal thread will be created and opened by a moderator. We are waiting until January 1st because we know holidays are chaotic and everybody may not have time to fully participate and post photos/videos in the reveal thread if opened sooner.

If you cannot wait until reveal day to open your gift, go ahead and open it. But don't spoil the surprise for everybody else. Wait until reveal day to post about it :)

SIGNING UP

To sign up, please create a thread here:
Talk To The Team

Please follow the format described here.

In the SUBJECT line:
[Your Country] [International or Domestic-Only]

The first bracket is for where you live! We have members in the USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland, England.. we need to know where you are!

The second bracket states whether you are willing to ship internationally or not.

For example:
Aero Smith wants to sign up. He lives in the USA and cannot afford to ship internationally. His subject line will read:

[USA] [Domestic-Only]

In the message box you will fill out the following form

Shipping address:

What you like/want:

Is there anything your secret santa should definitely not send?:

Your dog(s) sizes, color preferences for accessories:

Any food sensitivities:

For Example

Aero Smith
123 Nekkid Dog Lane
Crestieville, TX 12345

I like the color blue, candles, and homemade gifts.
My dog's size is small and I prefer to dress him in leopard print and pink.
He is allergic to chicken and I only feed grain-free treats.
Please do not send fluffy toys, they get destroyed in moments.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Secret Santa Gift Exchange ("Gift Exchange") is open to those who meet the requirements listed above and are age 18 or older at the time of entry.

By entering this Gift Exchange, all entrants agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless Dogforum.com and its sponsors, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any claims, losses, and damages, including death, arising out of their participation in this Gift Exchange or any Gift Exchange-related activities and the acceptance and use, misuse, or possession of any gift awarded hereunder. Participants understand they are providing their personal information to third parties at their own risk.

In the case of entrants who are Australian or U.K. residents, the preceding clauses do not operate in respect of any implied condition or warranty the exclusion of which from these Official Rules would contravene any Australian or U.K. statute or cause any part of these Official Rules to be void.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
oh YAY! btw i did post in talk to the team with a question that hasnt been answered can you please check it out and get back to me on it?

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
the what you like/want i assume is for the dogs right?

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Reactions: RoughDiamond

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Reactions: cos

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Are we allowed to put our username and names on the package with a cute picture or something in the package or is it supposed to be a secret even when the package arrives? I want to send a picture of me and Cosmo with a letter :)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Are we allowed to put our username and names on the package with a cute picture or something in the package or is it supposed to be a secret even when the package arrives? I want to send a picture of me and Cosmo with a letter :)
I didnt do it last year but year before and we werent allowed to put our username on package it has to be fully secret and your secret santa has to guess who its from and then you come foward to confirm that guess or reveal it was you

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I didnt do it last year but year before and we werent allowed to put our username on package it has to be fully secret and your secret santa has to guess who its from and then you come foward to confirm that guess or reveal it was you
Aw okay!

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
@cos i didnt even put my name on sender part as it would give it away! keep it a surprise you want to keep your secret santa wondering!

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
I think some people do send cards along with the package but you just tell them to keep it secret until the reveal.

So excited! I love Secret Santas!

Reactions: cos

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Personally I think a card with photo or letter is fine. I would suggest however that you just label the outside clearly with ''spoilers inside'' or something along those lines. Just incase your giftee would prefer to guess or wait for the reveal thread.:)

Does that sound fair to ya'll?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Personally I think a card with photo or letter is fine. I would suggest however that you just label the outside clearly with ''spoilers inside'' or something along those lines. Just incase your giftee would prefer to guess or wait for the reveal thread.:)

Does that sound fair to ya'll?
That's exactly what I was thinking :)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
@kmes the what you like/want is that what the dog likes?

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
@crazy, can be either. Last year I included a bit about what I like and what my dogs like.
Ah ok i wasnt sure so left it blank, will reply to update it in TTTT

·
Super Moderator
11,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just a reminder that the deadline for signups is this Sunday, November 15th!

1 - 20 of 141 Posts