Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2 year old 100 pound mastador who is completely healthy. The one problem Im having is that he wont eat much food at all. He will take a few bites and then walk away non interested. He hasnt showed any signs of being ill. This has been going on for a few weeks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi! Is he skinny seeming? Does he only eat once a day or multiple times a day? Is he active? Is he at a loss for energy? Does he seem depressed? Did he used to gobble down food? What do you feed him? Is it wet or dry food?

Need more info!! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! Is he skinny seeming? Does he only eat once a day or multiple times a day? Is he active? Is he at a loss for energy? Does he seem depressed? Did he used to gobble down food? What do you feed him? Is it wet or dry food?

Need more info!! :)
hi! hes the happiest little guy ever! Always loves to go on walks and wrestle with my girlfriends dog. he is also half mastiff so hes got lazy in his genes. When he was a pup he would eat food fairly quickly. Just strange because for how active he is, he really doesnt eat much

·
Registered
131 Posts
What kind of food do you feed him? There seem to be a fair amount of big dogs that do that. Do you leave the food dish out 24/7? Feed him once in the morning and once at night. In the morning (as well as at night) set the food bowl down and after 30 minutes pick the food bowl back up and then do the same at night. He will learn "hey i need to eat my food before it gets picked up".

If its just dry food try adding a couple spoonfuls of canned food to spike his interest. Not too much other wise you will be only feeding canned food in the end. That can get very pricey.

I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts