Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I’m new to this forum and hoping anybody can share some insight and help.
my 7-month old Bernedoodle puppy, Nico was neutered last Friday. Since we brought him home, he has been walking/running funny. It seems like he doesn’t want to bear weight on his hind legs, runs and immediately sits or lifts one of his hind legs. He walks like his butt is low to the ground and hunched over. Obviously, he can’t get too far and it’s so heartbreaking. He also prefers to be left alone and doesn’t want to be touched or massages anywhere near his groin area. He can defacate and urinate (just not where we needed him to go though). He eats/drinks just fine. He has been on pain meds since we brought him home but the vet upped his sedation to include Benadryl just to keep him comfortable.

has anybody’s dog experienced this post neutering? Will it get better and how long does it take to get better? I almost feel like I should have not done this procedure if he would suffer this way. 😞
Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Joanne. He’s on trazadone 3x per day and Benadryl as well to help him calm down. He’s quite hyper. Since my last post he has started to bear some weight on his hind legs, more like walking low to the ground and hunched over. He went to poop outside today (yay!) and ran up the hill (normally!) for a good 15 ft stopped, ran again and then was needed to be carried because he was sitting.
I’ll definitely bring him back in tomorrow and ask about upping his pain meds or to check if incision is doing fine.
Hopefully other folks can chime in as well!
Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts