Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 13 year old dog Bear has always been a consistently solid pooper, last week he started to have very loose stool. So I thought it was because I switched their food protein, I didn’t switch brands of food just the protein from duck to fish. However their canned food is the same brand and that I have switched the proteins for a long time now ( I always buy the different flavors and switch it up daily) and there has never been an issue. So I don’t think it’s the protein switch of the dry. I’ve cut out canned food for him now, though the only reason I even gave him some canned mix with dry is cause he won’t really eat just dry. But I’ve been doing the just dry and I’ve been giving him Flagyl. Also started giving him chicken and rice because it isn’t getting better.
He is fine otherwise, drinking normal, acting like himself, though his arthritis is getting worse. Not sure what could be the cause, any idea? Thanks

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Even changing the food content can upset a dogs digestive tract for a week or more. Its always best to slowly introduce new food, mixing a little at a time with what you have been feeding, then increasing the new food, while reducing the old.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts