Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13 Year old Havanese who sleeps in our hallway at top of steps. He has the run of the house and in the last year or so he will go down into our living room and pee on the floor. We had carpet in the room and since removed to be replaced by hardwood floors. He will go outside right before bed each night. Even in the last the two days I will go downstairs and see a pee stain right in the middle of the floor. I took him to a vet about six months ago to be evaluated. Fecal exam, blood collection, basic profile, urinalysis and cystocentesis tests done. All showed normal. He was given antibiotics for 10 days and seemed fine. Pretty frustrated and not sure what to do at this point?

·
Super Moderator
3,639 Posts
So, if he had the vet exam 6 months ago, has the peeing been going on during that period, since the antibiotics finished? What were they given for? Its possible they didn't entirely kill off the problem.

Another possibility is that it is a sign of canine cognitive dysfunction.

I think I'd be going back to the vet with him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was given antibiotics just in case he had anything. The vet did say they can do a test for $185 to determine his complete profile. Not sure what this would do?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts