Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my boyfriends 13 year old pitbull was put under general anesthetic this morning around 11am for a couple teeth to be extracted. everything went well but then closing time for the clinic came...my boyfriend insisted on not letting her wake up in a cage, alone, in a strange place. shes now home..borderline comatose. (really deep sleep), she hasn't woken up since I've been here (2 hours). Wondering what advice anyone has, complications, things to look for....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
edit: she was not awake by 5pm this afternoon, and the vet didnt suggest he took her home, but he insisted.
hes keeping her comfy and warm, her breathing is normal, but everything I've read on the 'net says she should be awake by now. am concerned.

·
Registered
48 Posts
edit: she was not awake by 5pm this afternoon, and the vet didnt suggest he took her home, but he insisted.

hes keeping her comfy and warm, her breathing is normal, but everything I've read on the 'net says she should be awake by now. am concerned.

Do you not have an emergency after hours vet you can contact?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not in our remote area--my boyfriend did call the vet that performed the procedure before i arrived here, but he just said to keep an eye on her and turn her over from side to side every 20 minutes or so.
i would have asked more questions had i been the one to make the phone call. i suppose im looking for dog owners personal experiences and opinions, as well as any insight from a vet/vet tech/someone in the field.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
@illwillhertz I hope that you'll come back and update this thread. Is your boyfriend's dog o.k. now?

No one here is a vet and can offer professional advice. The best we can do with a medical issue is to encourage owners to seek vet care.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts