Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a beautiful 12 week old GSD puppy. She is from working lines and loves people and shows no sign of lack of confidence with people or new situations.....apart from other dogs! I have just started taking her out for short leash walks and as soon as she sees another dog, she will begin barking at them quite furiously. Should I be concerned about this or is this something she may grow out of in time? we start puppy school in the new year, but unfortunately being new to this area I don't really know anyone with other dogs I could introduce her to.

Today we had an off leash dog take us by surprise, but luckily it was very placid and she didn't react at all and they sniffed each other.

She is very bouncy and confident with my older dog so her reaction to other dogs took me by surprise as she is so confident at everything else.

I think she is just a bit scared and under confident but I don't know whether I should be doing something specifically when she does this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How are you socializing your dog to other dogs? 12 weeks is during a key socialization period when your dog should be experiencing new places, people, things, dogs, animals etc.

If your puppy has had her shots, you should be trying to get her out and socialized. Some dog stores or vets or training facilities will have socialization drop ins where you can take your pup to meet other pups

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.