Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 10 week old toy poodle, I feel like his fur is very thin, I understand this is his puppy coat. But I´m just worried because I can see his skin through his coat, and when I look at other toy poodles his age, they are much fluffier than him. I am considering starting to give him skin and coat supplements, to see if this helps. Does anyone have any other advice??? Or dealt with this problem before??? :confused::confused::confused::confused:

In the first picture you can see the thin area, around his chest and front legs. I uploaded the second, because his legs look very long in the first but they aren´t. Is this a normal size for a 10 week old toy poodle?? I feel like he is also very small.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Ours is more a miniature, but she is a poodle/bischon mix. every dog has different characteristics, hair, fur, body build and on and on. If you are concerned you might consult with your Vet, it could be a nutrition deficiency, or something else that needs a Vets attention. His hair could get thicker as he gets older too. I can tell you that a little over a year ago, we changed Samantha's food, and her hair is considerable thicker now. Even our Vet comments on that.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
We feed her food that is prepared in a kitchen that cooks for dogs. They offer frozen paks of food, some are beef based, some are turkey, some are lamb, or venison, all have vegies, fruits and that all important organ meat added. They are based in California, but I think will ship most anywhere. Check their web site, just food for dogs. It has literally turned Samantha into a different dog, more energy, better appetite, more alert. Our Vet has watched her change with great interest, and documents exactly what we feed her, how much, how often. I am a real believer in providing the best possible food for them, it does make a difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts