Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My westie is approaching 10 months old, but weighs just under 10 pounds. He was the runt of the litter so I expected him to be smaller, but he is noticeably skinny. I feed him a cup of Performatrin Ultra Puppy kibble plus a quarter pound of raw food every day, yet he acts like he's constantly starving. If I feed him any more food though, he'll vomit and/or have runny feces. He's very active, jolly and acts healthy though. I wonder if lack of sleep might be a factor, cuz he's quite attached and is too busy following me around the condo to get his recommended 13 hours sleep.

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you're concerned I would suggest to consult with your vet. Maybe they can put him on a high calorie diet for a while.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took him to vet 2 months ago. He had no advice other than to maintain a good kibble portion no matter how much raw he gets. Which I was already doing. Worst 60 dollars ever spent.

On the flip side, I really like my dog's lean foxy frame. Get tons of people asking what breed he is and where they can get one lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe try adding pumpkin or goats milk into your puppies diet. Pumpkin can help them feel full and the goats milk adds in those calories plus multiple other benefits as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts