Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone Im the proud owner of 3 Newfies and 2 Great Pyrs.
Our recent addition Gandolph is 10 months old.We got him in Sept from rescue.He was ridden with intestinal parasites and ear infections. We have gotten his health all straightened out and have begun a beginners training class.It was impossible to take him to class sooner because of loose poop issues:eyeroll:.All is now resolved.
Gandy had some resource guarding issue when he first came , we worked threw that but still need some reinforcement.He guards toys and food.Gandy is very food motivated.
As you know pyrs are very selective in obeying:rolleyes:,I have searched for a behaviorist in our area and am not having much luck unless I travel almost 2 hours.We live in northern Delaware.I contacted the administrator of the Veterinary behavior college who contacted a behaviorist who gave me this link for info.
We are willing to pay for private lessons,the petsmart training is good for socializtion but male Pyrs need more:whistle:. Guess what Im asking for is info.I want my boy to be OK. Our others are fine.Greta our female pyr is focussed,she comes when called,no resource guarding she alomost the Pyrfect Pyr.lol.The Newfs ages 10...7....and 5 are fine too.All are rescue/adopted. We adore our Luvs and want the best for them.2 have very sad stories but are fine now,well loved and healthy.
If anyone can help me find the extra help for Gandolph I would appreciate it.Thanks !!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Erika! Im not sure if you are still looking for help with Gandy, but you might want to google a Livestock Guardian Dog website. I had one bookmarked but cant sem to find it!
Anyway, they might have a resource for you. Even tough the behaviorist is two hours away, it might be worth it to try a session. You might get some very valiable insite to help you work through some of the behaviors while you are trying to find a closer resource.
Sorry I can't help more then that. I hope that you can find someone to help you with him. Best of luck!
GG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts