Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She gets in these moods where she just doesn't want to eat. A couple days ago she didn't eat all day. Yesterday she didn't eat in the morning and then in late afternoon, I mixed in wet food, dry food and cottage cheese and she finally ate it all. Today in morning, I gave her dry food with some cottage cheese and she didn't touch it. She's very very muscular and looks extremely healthy so I'm not super worried because of that, but this is making potty training difficult as I'm not always sure when she will poop.

I've tried multiple dry foods and she is super fussy. Some days, she wants it and other days she does not. She does seem to like wet food by itself but rarely eats dry food by itself. I made chicken and rice for her once or twice and she did eat that also. A few times, I've gotten her to eat by putting treats into the combo of dry food and wet food

Do I just let her starve? she is one stubborn girl. If she doesn't want to eat it, she'll go 2 days without eating. Should I feed her rice and chicken all the time? She did seem to totally love that but I'm sure she'll get sick of it also after a day or two

·
Super Moderator
3,720 Posts
This reminds me of another member we had with a similar problem.

Can you post a photo so we can see her body condition.

·
Registered
Noddy
2 Posts
Dogs love varieties of food, do not just feed rice and chicken all the time, try with some different foods as well, there are several foods dogs like, you can reward her some treats as well in the whole day.

·
Registered
Noddy
2 Posts
You can add vegetable in the diet like carrots, apples in fruits, make sure you remove the seeds of the apple, mix it with other food if she not want to eat it alone. Eggs also loved by dogs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went thru this with my chihuahua! (typical...haha)
Anyways i found a food that she finally eats and enjoys eating...
We switched to Purina ProPlan Savor the Lamb protein, as I do not feed chicken or beef.
Have had great success, probably because it is shredded and has soft pieces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.