04-29-2015, 03:50 AM
Join Date: Apr 2015
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Look out for roast beef femur bones, they aren't totally indestructable but the nearest I've ever found.
Don't what it is about kleenex/paper serviettes but all my dogs have gone daft over them.
My worst chewing event was with a floor mop. Had two Cane Corsos, one never chewed but Matt swallowed anything that went in his mouth. One day I couldn't find the vileda type paper string mop head. The handle was there, just no mop. I came to the conclusion I'd thrown it out and so put a new mop head on. Two days later Matt was straining to go to the toilet when very slowly, one slightly chewed, but very intact mop head came out. Sadly Matt's chewing was his downfall, and he died of an obstruction when aged six and a half. Unknown to me he'd got hold of an entire roll of elastic bandage and swallowed it. The vet operated but couldn't save him. He said his digestive tract and stomach were full of loads of bits. He showed me them, there was a big bowl full. Biros,ring pulls,stones,socks, gloves,bits of cable. He'd never shown any signs of being unwell until the last twenty four hours when he started vomiting. He still ate all his food but would be sick a couple of hours later.