12-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton, AB
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wanted to suggest buying some virkon. It's a veterinary grade disinfectant, basically better then bleach-and you can spray it on fabrics.
It's good for ALL surfaces and it santizes air too!
The reason I'm suggesting is an unvaccinated pup that young is a huge risk. So what I would use it for is spraying it on shoes coming in (you can also put it in like a cat litter tray and have people step in it when they come inside) and spraying the carpets and all fabrics coming in contact with the pup
You can buy it at the vet office, it's cheap, and it's super duper stuff Virkon® S-Key Information
It specifically states it's effective against parvo
Virkon® S’ versatility provides the flexible solution for; surface, water and aerial disinfection, in hard water, on porous surfaces, at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
- UK DEFRA Approved - Foot and Mouth Disease, Swine Vesicular Disease, Diseases of Poultry and General Orders
- Powerful - independently proven effective against viral, bacterial and fungal disease causing organisms including the lethal H5N1 Avian Influenza Virus.
- Fast-acting - a one percent solution of Virkon® S is independently proven to kill bacteria with contact times as low as five minutes and the tough to kill parvovirus in ten minutes or less.
- Versatile - surface, equipment, vehicle, footdip, water delivery system and aerial disinfection.
- Independently proven effective on porous surfaces, in hard water, at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
- Readily soluble in tap water , Virkon® S dissolves into a pink solution.
- An environmentally acceptable product with an exceptional safety profile towards man and animals when used and disposed of as instructed on the label.
- Transport and storage - being a powdered disinfectant formulation Virkon® S can be swiftly transported by air and can be stored for long periods making it the ideal choice for stockpiling in bulk."