Tremor mycotoxicosis in my labradoodle

Go Back   Dog Forum > DogForum Community Welcome > Introductions

Tremor mycotoxicosis in my labradoodle

This is a discussion on Tremor mycotoxicosis in my labradoodle within the Introductions forums, part of the DogForum Community Welcome category; Hi, I have 3 doodles and my eldest was hunting through my sons school bag, a common practice for my dogs, anyway she happened across ...

User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Blue Topaz

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 12:45 PM
  #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Tremor mycotoxicosis in my labradoodle

Hi,

I have 3 doodles and my eldest was hunting through my sons school bag, a common practice for my dogs, anyway she happened across a bag that had an old sandwich and yogurt pot that had gone mouldy, clearly I was unaware of this lunch straggler. With in 10 minutes she was shaking in all her limbs so I knew it was serious, with in 20 mins we were at the vet where she was having seizures, foaming at the mouth, an awful state. It was thought at that moment she would not pull through. Even the vet said she had never seen anything so severe. She spent one night in hospital, the went straight back to the vets to be put on fluids. It is too long to go in to but that was on Tues today is Fri, she is drinking when I bring the bowl up to her face, I hand feed her small but often, boiled chicken as she can't chew, she can't stand as her back legs don't work, though the vet said this should be better by Sunday. She has got some heart damage which has yet to be looked in to, we are just letting the spasm's go down.

The whole thing has been awful and just wondered whether anyone else had this experience and if so how it all turned out. I and the vets feel she is through the worst but it would be interesting to hear if someone has been through this how long full recovery took. I live in the UK.

Many thanks

Kat
kat880024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:56 PM
  #2
Senior Member
 
Blue Topaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You poor thing. It sounds absolutely terrifying what you have been through with your pup. I don't know anything about the condition you are describing but I'm sure that other members will chime in. I certainly hope that your baby makes a full recovery soon. Please know that if you need to vent or ask questions....this forum is a great place. The members are super nice and always willing to help. Good luck and give your furbaby hugs for us all.
Bluemchen and Midnight like this.
Blue Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:23 AM
  #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile

Hi Blue Topaz,
Thanks for your message, Rosie is improving daily however she is still unable to stand but she is eating and drinking and moving her legs. She still has tremors but these could last for a very long time. Had her at the vet this morning and she had 50 straight heart beats which is better than Friday. She is actually not a pup, thank God as I don't think she would have pulled through, she is 7 and a tough ol' bird at that. We are constantly moving and stretching her legs, turning her etc just so that reminds her/the brain what it should be doing. We just had a delivery to the door and she barked for the first time since Tuesday so we are all feeling more positive. Will update again hopefully with news that she is standing at least.
Kind regards,
Kat
kat880024 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 12-02-2013, 08:36 AM
  #4
Senior Member
 
Blue Topaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,642
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Sounds like you are doing all the right things. I think the important thing is for you to keep moving her legs to keep her limber. That way, when it's time for her rehab, she won't be all stiff in the joints. Do you have a dog/animal rehab facility near by? She would probably do really well in a nice warm pool to help with her mobility! Keep up the good work and let us know how she's doing!
Blue Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Tags
mycotoxicosis poisoning

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 month old labradoodle behaviour problems jw72184 Dog Training and Behavior 5 07-10-2012 01:20 PM
Mini Labradoodle - waits to pee as we take her out of Crate Charliehorse428 Housetraining 5 09-29-2011 08:57 PM
Question for dog being treated with anxiety meds experiencing shaking and tremor Doglover22 Dog Health 4 01-17-2011 04:37 PM
Lincoln the Labradoodle Squishy Dog Pictures and Videos 9 02-11-2009 10:33 AM


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.