Hello guys! I've been stalking this forum for a few days now and thought I'd join up finally!
My name is Penny, I'm 22, married a little over a year, and I have 21 animals! Yep, I have a zoo. Seven dogs (two are fosters), six rats, three cats, two ferrets, a snake, a rabbit, and a mouse.
I'm part of the local animal cruelty rescue (Director's assistant) and I'm certified to investigate animal cruelty for law enforcement. I had planned on becoming a veterinarian long ago, but after volunteering for the rescue through a school program when I was 18 I just stuck around and the rest is history!
Seeing as this is a dog forum, I'll introduce you to my pack!
In my signature you'll see my guys. We'll go from left to right, top row first. (My sig. doesn't seem to be showing...will try to figure it out.)
1. We have my newest member, Desi the deaf Great Dane, she was a surrender to the rescue and had severe aggression issues due to her family not understanding her special needs. She's in my home now and my soul dog.
2. Then we have Rayne. She was taken from a hoarders home in Fort Recovery Ohio (you can look it up on the internet) where 150 dogs were kept. I raised her from 2 weeks old and she is now 6 weeks.
3. Kora, my bully breed girl. My mother in law rescued her in Illinois and gave her to me knowing I'd always wanted a bully.
4. Gypsy came to me while I was living in Colorado for a year as a stray on CL.
5. Clementine is a lab/border collie who was thrown over my fence after I moved back to Indiana and became part of the rescue again. She is up for adoption!
6. Dobby is a mutt who was surrendered to me by a family member due to biting their kids. He is up for adoption as well.
7. And lastly is my Chihuahua, Fry. He was my first ever rescue from when I was 19 and just starting at the rescue.
Sorry it's so long guys! I look forward to being a member here!