Dogs on a plane

Go Back   Dog Forum > Other Dogforum Interests > Dog News

Dogs on a plane

This is a discussion on Dogs on a plane within the Dog News forums, part of the Other Dogforum Interests category; Good news everybody. Airlines Break Their Own Rules So Pets Can Escape Fires | Bored Panda...

User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Chas

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2016, 10:33 PM
  #1
Senior Member
 
Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,631
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dogs on a plane

Good news everybody.

Airlines Break Their Own Rules So Pets Can Escape Fires | Bored Panda
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 11:11 PM
  #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Terrible fire, a few hours north of here and many of it's residents are in our city now. I can only imagine how many pets died in the house fires (some 2000+ houses burned down), the others that starved to death locked in crates with no food or water? The lucky ones had run of the house and at least had access to water.
jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:13 PM
  #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagger View Post
Terrible fire, a few hours north of here and many of it's residents are in our city now. I can only imagine how many pets died in the house fires (some 2000+ houses burned down), the others that starved to death locked in crates with no food or water? The lucky ones had run of the house and at least had access to water.

I was living in Manhattan during 9/11 and I remember all the people who lived in Battery Park and surrounds who were not allowed back into their apartments for days after the events. There were stories all over the news because so many people had pets they were worried about and were not allowed to access. Really heartbreaking.
MHDDOG2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 05-13-2016, 02:09 PM
  #4
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
And it's yet another reason I hate the idea of crating an animal - and yet another reason not to do it. A dog locked in a cage has no escape if anything happens.

There's already stories coming out of Ft. Mac about dogs that crawled out of the rubble of a burned out house. But yet, others are dead of dehydration or starved to death in a house untouched by fire - cause they couldn't escape the cage, zero chance of survival, death sentence. It's hard to blame the owners, many weren't home when the mandatory evac happened, and weren't allowed to go home - get out of here. With a monster of a wildfire bearing down on them, there's not too many chances. The videos coming out of fort mac, people were driving through what can be classified as hell - fire licking the car doors.

Our pin is small, but he'll get water out of a toilet if it came down to it, there's 2 of them here if anything ever happened to us. Sprinklers in the condo as well, he'll get water somewhere. Food, they can do without for quite some time.

Now gawd love the renegade animal rescue groups, many snuck into town and broke into homes at the owners request and saved animals. There's alot of worried people here. Some dogs survived house fires, other are going to die needlessly.

Breaks my heart.
jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:41 PM
  #5
Senior Member
 
timber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 900
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crates can save lives just as it can kill lives. That's all i'm going to say about the subject.
timber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:39 AM
  #6
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: California
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Emotional support dogs are marking a common presence in planes these days. As the demand for carrying emotional support dogs is increasing, the airlines have produced strict guidelines for the same. The reasons are:
-Increased incidents of dog bites on planes.
-Incidents such as pooping and peeing have repeatedly been a source of discomfort for fellow passengers
-There have been reports of dogs that went missing on board.

Last edited by AndreaHarris; 02-19-2019 at 03:42 AM.
AndreaHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 04:03 AM
  #7
Senior Member
 
Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,631
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHarris View Post
Emotional support dogs are marking a common presence in planes these days. As the demand for carrying emotional support dogs is increasing, the airlines have produced strict guidelines for the same. The reasons are:
-Increased incidents of dog bites on planes.
-Incidents such as pooping and peeing have repeatedly been a source of discomfort for fellow passengers
-There have been reports of dogs that went missing on board.
What has this got to do with airlines helping animals getting out of a fire 2 years ago?
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:09 AM
  #8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Most domesticated dogs weighing 20 pounds or less are allowed to travel with their owners in the cabin of the plane. Owners cannot simply bring their pet on board. There are several rules and restrictions that dog owners must follow before they travel to get the okay to bring their small canine on with them
charliegefen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:12 PM
  #9
Senior Member
 
Chas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,631
Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegefen View Post
Most domesticated dogs weighing 20 pounds or less are allowed to travel with their owners in the cabin of the plane. Owners cannot simply bring their pet on board. There are several rules and restrictions that dog owners must follow before they travel to get the okay to bring their small canine on with them

This was a special case a few years ago, exceptions were made for good reason.
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WWYD- aggressive dogs squidwanda General Dog Discussion 6 02-10-2016 04:59 PM
He is obsessed with other dogs! Turtle11 Dog Training and Behavior 8 02-09-2016 09:03 AM
Notes on the Domestication of Dogs GitaBooks Dog Training and Behavior 26 12-14-2015 07:28 PM


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.