I am very afraid for my dog. He's been vomiting on and off for a month now. We first thought it might be something he ate - so altered his diet down to just the basics.
After two weeks, we took him to the vet. She did blood tests and xray (neither showed anything) then prescribed bland diet, an antacid (Femotidine) and an anti-nausia (Cerenia). The vomiting stopped for for 7 days, but towards the last few days he had gone almost 48 hours without a bowel movement. He ate the boiled chicken OK, but could not eat boiled rice (allergies) and didn't like the pumpkin - so he was not getting any fiber.
Back to vet who said just start feeding him his normal food. We did and within 2 days he was vomiting again.
Because it was Christmas and the vet could not see him, we went to another vet who was open. He prescribed another 4 days of Cerenia, but Finn still isn't holding down his food. Went back to the second vet yesterday - he wanted to do a wider panel on a new set of blood tests and sent the other vets xrays to a radiologist. Depending on the results - next step is ultrasound.
We are awaiting the results, but I don't know what to expect. I am so worried for him. Poor little guy is so hungry.
If anyone has gone through something like this - I would appreciate your guidance.
Thanks in advance.