My family and I have been all over the internet to try and find an answer for what is wrong with our eldest dog. Todd is an 11-12 year old Lab/possibly Malamute mix. While he has been slowing down a bit with his old age, he has been relatively good health-wise.
He has, however, recently started vomiting. He vomited up all of his food late Wednesday afternoon, so we rushed him down to our local vet. (My dog was poisoned with antifreeze just three weeks ago and did not make it, so we were deathly afraid Todd may had somehow gotten antifreeze poisoning as well.) They ran blood work and did a test for antifreeze crystals in his urine. Blood work was normal except for his protein levels were slightly elevated, as well as his MCH and MCHC levels. The vet didn't seem too worried about those and treated him for nausea and told us to feed Todd just chicken and white rice for a few days. (Our vet also felt Todd for any possible masses in his gut, but she didn't feel any. Todd didn't show any signs of pain or discomfort, either.)
This evening we mixed in a little bit of Todd's normal dog food with the chicken and rice. He did not eat his full meal, which is nearly unheard of for him. Later my mom offered him a graham cracker (regular kind) as a treat, but Todd who, again, has an enormous appetite, didn't want it. Well, he wanted it, but he wouldn't/couldn't eat it. I broke it down into a very tiny piece and he did eat that. I checked his teeth to see if there might be a problem there, but from what I could see, his gums and teeth didn't look bad. (Of course, I'm not a vet so I can say for sure.)
A few hours later, Todd vomited up his entire dinner (all undigested again), and I noticed (this is gross, but an important symptom) that when he tried to use the bathroom, his poop was basically a liquid and he wasn't able to really go much. If not wanting to go outside and just stare off into the woods, Todd is being more lethargic than normal.
I'm looking for any possible explanation for what could be wrong? If Todd continues to get worse, we will definitely take him to the vet when we wake up in the morning. Also, any advice in general on senior dog care would be good.